Life as we know it at Norwich Cathedral simply wouldn’t be possible without the help of our hundreds of volunteers.
Our wonderful volunteers give their time and talents to help improve the experience for the Cathedral community and our visitors. For this we are truly thankful.
- Welcomers – meeting and greeting visitors as they arrive
- Guides – offering knowledge and insight to visitors as they look around the Cathedral
- Library volunteers – helping with the running of the library and assisting readers in their studies
- Gardeners – tending to the Herb Garden
- Gift Shop volunteers – providing helpful customer service to those visiting the shop
- Broderers Guild members – working with textiles in the Broderers’ Guild workshop
- Flower arrangers – making the Cathedral look even more beautiful with wonderful flower arrangements
- Schools volunteers – assisting with school visits and family days
The full list of opportunities is listed in the Volunteering Opportunities Booklet
Please note: An offer of appointment to a volunteering role is subject to satisfactory pre-appointment checks as well as completion of a Confidential Declaration Form and satisfactory disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service at the appropriate level, where this is a requirement of the role as stated on the volunteer role description. For all volunteering roles there will be a settling in period and you will be expected to complete a volunteer induction programme and undertake relevant safeguarding training.